Note: Only main managers can work with ghost users.
What is a ghost user?
A ghost user is a type of user that is purely for planning purposes. A ghost user cannot login to Hansoft or update any items, but can be assigned to tasks in the planning view.
Typical use cases are:
- You are considering hiring new people, and want to do a scenario plan to understand how that will affect the velocity.
- You are preparing a new project and want to see who you should bring onboard.
- You want to make a longer term planning with assignment without affecting people's todo lists etc.
Here is a ghost user as visible in the Portfolio Allocations view.
Enter and exit ghost user mode
In the planning view, start by clicking More.. > Ghost user mode > Enter ghost user mode
In this mode you can:
- Assign ghost users to tasks and sprints
- See the name of ghost users in the Assigned to column
- Convert ghost users to normal users
When you are done, you exit ghost user mode at More.. > Ghost user mode > Exit ghost user mode
Creating a ghost user
Access ghost account management options in More..>Ghost user mode>Manage ghost users
By entering the ghost user mode you can create and use more users than your license allows (ghost users).
Add ghost users to groups by selecting the user, go to Edit > User groups
When you delete a ghost user it will be removed from all current assignments.
Convert ghost users to normal users
The ghost users you create cannot login to Hansoft with their client until they have been converted to normal users.
When you are finished with the basic planning, it is recommended that you exit this mode and convert the ghost users to normal users. If your license capacity does not allow for conversion of all ghost users to normal users, it is recommended that you upgrade your license either by using the upgrade license interface, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.